[OM] Re: looking for a 24mm shift lens cap (and case / bag)

Subject: [OM] Re: looking for a 24mm shift lens cap (and case / bag)
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 08:10:41 -0700
Congratulations on picking up a 24/shift again.

There is an Olympus lens bag that fits it quite well. The bag was probably
made for the Zuiko
500/8. Mine has some bright silver lettering on the side. I think it
is the only Olympus bag that I have which has the lettering.
I remember seeing some neoprene lens wraps that looked promising also. I
haven't tried them yet (Optech?) as I've been happy with the Olympus lens
bags.

Many of the big telephotos have leatherette bags with that fit over the
front of the lens. They most often have a stiffener at the bottom. The
Zuiko's fit very tight and are very slow to remove put on. The
Tamron version feels cheap in comparison but is easy to use. The ones I've
seen are too big for the 24/shift but it probably wouldn't be too hard to
make one out of a couple neoprene lens wraps.
-jeff