[OM] Re: looking for a 24mm shift lens cap (and case / bag)

Subject: [OM] Re: looking for a 24mm shift lens cap (and case / bag)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 16:21:58 -0400
I recently bought one of these to carry my 80-200/2.8.
<http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Accessories/lens_cases/Lens_Case_4.aspx>
It's a great bag with good zippers, two carrying straps (hand and
shoulder) plus a couple of other attaching straps to other bags.  I got
a pretty good deal from an oboy seller who specializes in LowePro bags.
  Sorry, can't recall the seller.

Anyhow, I think one of the LowePro "1" series lens cases might be a good
fit for the 24 shift.  This one, the 1S, seems about right with 3"
interior width and 3-1/2" interior length.  My 80-200 with hood and rear
cap fitted is about 1/2" longer than the nominal 10" interior length of
the #4 case but the top of the case just snugs down against it and holds
it in place very well.  And if that's not exactly right there are 4
other variations of the #1 case with slightly different interior
dimensions.  If I still had a 24 shift I'd be looking at one of these.
<http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Accessories/lens_cases/Lens_Case_1S.aspx>

Chuck Norcutt