[OM] Re: A Virgin no more

Subject: [OM] Re: A Virgin no more
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 06:32:01 -0700 (PDT)
Virgin Wilcox wrote:
> I believe that I will just cut to the chase and stick with the
> SSWF. :)

I pretty much had thought the same thing.  But I was doing some
extreme macro stuff the other day and the grungies were showing up.
Turns out that my 10 days on Isle Royale probably gained me a few of
them.  I'll blame it on the pinhole lens.  ;)

Using the old bulb was a horrid mistake. I thought that it was
essentially a poorman's low-power "rocket".  Not.  No wonder I always
fought more dust on the negatives and slides afterwards.  Once I did
that, there were literally hundreds of particles and hair-shaped
things all over the sensor.  I ran the SSWF a few times to no avail.
All they were doing was moving around.

The swiffer idea worked out great.  I could see it picking the dust
right up.  The first attack was experimental to see if it would even
work, the second time I really got it clean--except for three specs.
Knowing that two of the three were new, that the SSWF should get
them--and it did.

My camera now has three recorded mirror-lockup cycles on it.  :(

BTW, I was a little misleading.  The shutter count was 22,121.  With
what I took yesterday, I've got about 60 to go before the celebratory
22,222 image.  I should make it special.

AG

 a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to
get online.