[OM] Re: 7-14mm or 5D - sorry to raise it again

Subject: [OM] Re: 7-14mm or 5D - sorry to raise it again
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 08:34:51 -0700 (PDT)
> Not being able to mount filter on is the major reason stopping me
> buying this lens.
> For rectangular filter format. It should be possible to modify the
> holder to attach on it, but vignette might be another issue.

At the extreme wide-end, I'm still not sure any filter system would
work.  With the filter so far in front of the element, it would mean
that only the center part of the image would traverse the filter at
any "proper" angle. The outer part of the image would have to come
through the filter at such an extreme angle that it will suffer from
chroma issues.

I'll probably end up getting the 11-22mm and the 8mm fishy for
myself. The 11-22 gives me a much more usable range for event
photography and fits my style a lot better.  Unlike some people, I'm
a little harder on my equipment and I'd have to get a lifetime supply
of replacement front elements for that 7-14.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com