[OM] Re: Decent source for batteries

Subject: [OM] Re: Decent source for batteries
From: <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 18:54:04 +0000
Unfortunately, I can't quote any sources but I have seen images on the web of
numerous lithium-ion filres and not simply Sony batteries in Apple computers.
Sony got all the attention because they produced a large number of defective
batteries during a short period of time for a highly visible client.  But
lithium-ion fire and/or explosion is possible in any device.

For a sobering read see the material safety data sheet for Energizer lithium
ion batteries... especially page 2, section III.
<http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/lithiumion_psds.pdf>

I've never chased down the veracity of the claim but I have read of a major
fire in a lithium-ion plant in China that had very large loss of life.

Chuck Norcutt