[OM] Re: Olympus Ace shutter problem/repair

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus Ace shutter problem/repair
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 21:31:09 -0400
I would try freeing up the blades with lighter fluid (Ronsonol, 100%
naptha).  Put a drop in, work the blades, put another drop, work the
blades, etc, etc.  If you get enough in there you may evaporate the lube
for the shutter gears and shafts so you might want to put the teeniest
drop if fine oil on the shaft bearing points.

If that doesn't work, well... it didn't work before either.

Chuck Norcutt