[OM] Re: Bogen 3232 - RRS add-on?

Subject: [OM] Re: Bogen 3232 - RRS add-on?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 20:27:07 -0700
Jan Steinman wrote:
>> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> Bill Pearce wrote:
>>
>>> This is most frustrating. I have the 410 gear head, and it comes with the
>>> hex plate as a part of the head. It fits nothing else under the sun.
>>>

>> I should have mentioned before that there is a matching QR adapter for
>> that QR plate that will fit on other tripods. Even has a leveling
>> bubble on it.
>> <*http://tinyurl.com/2vtame*>
>>

> That fits the *310*, Bill was asking about the 410.
I don't know what a Bogen/Manfrotto 310 is. I find no reference to it on
the Manfrotto site or at B&H, but of course, they have been changing
some product numbers of late.

I do know what a 410, the one Bill refers to, is. I posted a picture
today of  mine with Cullman adapter attached to its 3271 QR plate. You
can even see the "Manfrotto 410" label.
http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Misc/410cullman.htm

The items at the above link are indeed the part of the same QR system as
is built into at least my 410.
> Also, Bill  mentions a "hex plate."
And I was saying that the 410 head doesn't use a hex plate. That's why I
replied to his post in the first place.
> The 310 plate you reference is not a hex
> plate, but an ordinary trapezoidal cross-section bar, similar, but
> not compatible with, the Arca-Swiss system.

Again, whatever you are referring to must be discontinued or have a new
number. Manfrotto does make  several QR plates that meet that general
description for various of their video heads.
> The "410" might have been a typo,
I think not, because he refers to a "gear[ed} head", and the
Bogen/Manfrotto geared heads are the 410 and 510, both of which, at
least in their current manifestations, use the 3271 plate.
> but the "hex plate" reference made me think not.

Mystery to me. I have both kinds of plates, and they are nothing alike
(In the Manfrotto tradition!)

Moose