[OM] Re: Bogen 3232 - RRS add-on?

Subject: [OM] Re: Bogen 3232 - RRS add-on?
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 19:36:46 -0700
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Bill Pearce wrote:
>> This is most frustrating. I have the 410 gear head, and it comes
>> with the
>> hex plate as a part of the head. It fits nothing else under the sun.
>>
> I should have mentioned before that there is a matching QR adapter for
> that QR plate that will fit on other tripods. Even has a leveling
> bubble
> on it.
> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?
> ci=1&sb=ps&pn=1&sq=desc&InitialSearch=yes&O=productlist.jsp&A=search&Q
> =*&bhs=t&shs=bogen+3271&image.x=0&image.y=0

That fits the *310*, Bill was asking about the 410. Also, Bill
mentions a "hex plate." The 310 plate you reference is not a hex
plate, but an ordinary trapezoidal cross-section bar, similar, but
not compatible with, the Arca-Swiss system.

The "410" might have been a typo, but the "hex plate" reference made
me think not.

I've had good luck transplanting the 3271 QR to other heads, with a
little bit of amateur machine work. No mill required, but a drill
press really helps. In particular, they're quite simple to transplant
onto the Bogen/Manfrotto grip ball head.

I've also made lots of plates with 1cm aluminum and a table saw with
a carbide blade.

:::: If vegetarians eat only vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/99-3033-17-18>