[OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels

Subject: [OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 22:02:25 +0000
I probably should keep out of this, but I'll weigh in anyway. I grew up on a
400 acre farm where we raised 5.5 acres of tobacco and 300 head of polled
Herefords, plus enough grain and hay to feed them all, and the horses and
mules, through the winter when grazing was sparce. That's pretty much a minor
example of commodity farming, but there's no way we could've smoked all that
tobacco or eaten the 150 or so head of cattle we sold each year.

Subsistence farming is a far smaller operation, sometimes a group of greenies
getting together to grow a patch of veggies. Ain't no comparison between the
two. One's business; the other's a hobby, or sometimes desperation.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --