[OM] Re: Olympus Studio

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus Studio
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 08:07:18 -0700 (PDT)
I'm a bit torn. The workflow advantage in Lightroom is very much
worth the price of admission, however, I'm just not satified with the
colors and sharpness. The ACR engine just doesn't do the Olympus
files justice.

Studio contains the "High Function" RAW converter.  With the E-1
files, this provides a noticable improvement in the image quality.
We're not talking subtle differences, but substantial.

Here is a sampling.  Sorry they're two different shots, but you'll
get the picture, so to speak.

This shot uses the standard RAW converter as found in the camera and
in Viewer:

http://image66media.com/Gallery/CF/TAG064

THis shot uses the High Function RAW converter in Studio:

http://image66media.com/Gallery/CF/TAG059

The settings are IDENTICAL between the two shots, only the
High-Function was selected for the second shot. Yeah, I know it says
something about CF cards. :)

The colors in ACR or Raw-Shooter just don't come close to the Olympus
Studio conversion.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com