[OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels

Subject: [OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels
From: Russ Butler <rbinnj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 19:54:25 -0400

--
Actually the US tax "rate" is graduated, so that for a single person,
the 28% is only paid on TAXABLE income ( i.e. reduced by the standard

Also the SS tax, if 14%, (too lazy to google that) is not paid on all
income but only on income up to a capped amount.

Our tax code is complex to say the least, far removed from the concept
of a "tax rate" where one would generally think in terms of rate on
gross, or a simply calculated net income.

For example see
http://www.savewealth.com/taxes/rates/2006/single/
for the details.

Russ Butler (NJ USA)