[OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels

Subject: [OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 09:23:31 +1000
Now I see it - that's heavy. The equivalent rate here is 30% but the
closest we have to a social security tax is a 1% levy designed to
encourage middle band people to buy private medical insurance. Before
I retired I was paying 9% into superannuation but my employer was
paying in double that. It is a lot less when you are younger although
you can play around with the percentages and actually contribute
nothing if you wish. But If you have enough of a retirement income,
you do not qualify for an old age pension as it is means tested,
unlike my parents in the UK where everyone gets it regardless.
Frankly it looks like you are not well served - considered
emmigration yet? We've got some nice places with a Santa Fe type
climate.:)
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx