[OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels

Subject: [OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 17:09:10 -0600
Andrew, the base federal income tax rate for a middle class person is 28%.
The federal income tax in the US varies in rate based on income. The lowest
rate is 10%, the highest is 39%. Most middle class people pay 28%. On top of
that, EVERY American pays an additional 14% social security tax. If you're
employed, your employer pays half of it, and the other half of the SS tax
comes direct from the employees paycheck. If you're self employed, you pay
the full 14% yourself. It could be argued that even those who have jobs pay
the full amount since the employer could use that money to increase the
worker's pay. So, if you pay 28% income tax PLUS 14% social security tax,
that makes 42% for middle class Americans.

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com