[OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels

Subject: [OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:27:11 -0700
It is interesting also to see who pays and who receives. While people
are fond of knocking certain so called blue states, those states are
subsidizing the people who are doing the criticism. For every federal
tax dollar paid people in Connecticut get back $.73, California,
Massachusetts, and New York less than $.85. Virginia gets back $1.75
for each dollar paid in. New Mexico gets back $1.91. Alabama $1.64.
And that bastion of individual independence Montana gets $1.51.  So
if you get that stop light you have been wanting you may someone from
Massachusetts to thank for it. Here is the whole list:

http://www.nemw.org/taxburd.htm

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA