[OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels

Subject: [OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 08:34:29 -0500
On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:17:59 +1000, Andrew Fildes wrote:

>And that was one of the points as I remember - US agriculture is
>notoriously fuel hungry even by our standards way down here so using
>grain, pulses or whatever other crops for biofuel is often a negative
>equation, unless you're using the wastes

You couldn't be further from the truth. Not only have we reduced on farm diesel
use dramatically in recent years, but we have dramatically increased the
efficiency of fuel production technology.

Keep in mind that rising gas and diesel prices offer THE most convincing
incentives to bot reduce our own use and improve our ability to produce fuel.

BB

--
Barry B. Bean
Bean & Bean Cotton Company