[OM] Re: On Fred Miranda..

Subject: [OM] Re: On Fred Miranda..
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 21:18:22 -0700
AG Schnozz wrote:

> Mike Hatam came through here like a tornado and sweet-talked us into
> getting rid of some of our prized lenses.  I mouthed off at the time
> and said that he'll be gone faster than a flash as soon as he's
> picked us clean.  I was lambasted for that comment.  Ripped apart and
> fed to the fishes.
>
> What's this?  Not only was he gone within the two weeks he joined
> (only joined for the express purpose of getting our lenses), but now
> he's shedding off these "worthless lenses" to the highest bidder.
> Thanks to his original overspending, the lenses are priced higher
> than most of us here are able or willing to spend.
>
> We are a tight community here, and this type of action surely didn't
> help us.  This is not a case of somebody putting a TPBXDP (Third
> Party Brand X Digital Back) on a Zuiko lens, but of a pure raid of
> our limited resources.  He and his buddies have more money than sense
> that the bulk of those lenses will probably end up sitting on a shelf
> in their basements.

My memories of the Canyonite raids are happier. I kept the 18/3.5,
21/3.5, 24/2.8 and 28/2. Then I later bought  my own TPBXDP for them. :-)

I also unloaded a 90/2 I didn't want for more than I could have gotten
before and more than I paid Tom for it. I heard indirectly that it later
developed some kind of diaphragm problem requiring repair. I lucked out.

Moose