[OM] Re: On Fred Miranda..

Subject: [OM] Re: On Fred Miranda..
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 21:38:00 -0700
ScottGee1 wrote:
> In a word, yes.  Mike's lens selection, when presented together, must
> be unique as I was able to recognize it.
>
> Moose's summary is, as usual, excellent.
>
> I find it interesting that a series of tests, presented in an
> authoritative manner, can so strongly influence an on-line community
> that significant increases in demand and prices occur.

Well, it was pretty persuasive work. The differences between the top
brand/models was something I doubt anybody will ever notice in a print
without prompting and a direct comparison at hand, but the AF
alternatives were obviously soft in comparison

So you had a community with poor tools at hand and someone found a
solution in a quiet little price backwater, it's no wonder demand drove
prices up.

Moose