[OM] Re: OT CF card usage

Subject: [OM] Re: OT CF card usage
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 12:14:59 -0700
Warren,

I assume you are using the windows system tray 'stop hardware' icon prior to
removing the card from the reader. By using the stop hardware tool you are
stopping the card reader and not the card within the reader. The card should
be hot swappable within the reader (obviously don't pull it in the middle of
either reading or writing!). Since you cannot unplug and replug the card
reader you have no other option than to reboot to get the card reader back
again. I am assuming that you have a floppy drive space replacement
multireader built into a desktop machine, though this situation will occur
with USB card readers too but they are easily unplugged and replugged.

Dan S.