[OM] Re: Off to the races

Subject: [OM] Re: Off to the races
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 22:17:38 +0000
Back when I almost never missed a race at Road Atlanta, and before they moved
the fence back, I always shot at the esses. See the picture on the bottom
right.

http://www.roadatlanta.com/trackmap.lasso

I think I mostly used the 300/4.5 Zuiko hand-held, just bracing on the fence,
although I recall a time or two using a tripod. Couldn't tell any real
difference between using that and the fence, and toting a tripod along with a
cooler of beer and a picnic basket was just too much of a hassle, even when my
buddy Chuck had the other end of the cooler.

Don't sweat the noise; it ain't that bad. If you like racing, it's music to the
ear. But be prepared for the smell of high-octane fuel exhaust.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --