[OM] Re: Off to the races

Subject: [OM] Re: Off to the races
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 13:49:31 -0700 (PDT)
Timpe Jim wrote:
> Quart of oil every 1000 mi, 15 mpg, and cold weather starting
> issues.  Some things never change.
> JT, who owns three zoom-zooms.

The rotaries use a shot of oil as part of the startup procedure to
lubricate the seals at the pointies of the triangles. Otherwise you
can get nasty scoring of the rotor chambers. There goes your
compression...

Gas mileage is a leeeetle better than 15 mpg.  Depends on how much
space there is between the gas peddle and the front bumper.  Cold
weather starting?  Oh, man, I'll admit that my RX-7 didn't like the
cold.  It would start but it would shake like a wet hound-dawg. That
suspension (of what little there was) was frozen solid and the
fillings in your teeth would rattle out.  Honestly, my Audi isn't
much different.  Our JGC, on the other hand is pretty good, but when
the temp drops below -10F the suspension is pretty well frozen in
place.  Every time you hit a bump there is a big "CRACK" noise coming
from suspension.

Speaking of dawgs--we had a bassett hound when I was growing up. Most
stubborn creature on planet earth.  Worse than any Olympus fanatic.
(grin, olympus content).  Anyway, when it would shake it would start
with the nose and ears a flapping and then the whole body would get
going.  The shaking would stop up front and the rearend and tail
would still be going.  Kinda like a resonance that takes a while to
travel from one end to the other.  It was a HUGE bassett, though.
Both its father and mother were champion show dogs.  Beautiful dog,
horrible attitude, totally untrainable.

AG

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.