[OM] Re: Off to the races

Subject: [OM] Re: Off to the races
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 18:04:59 -0700 (PDT)
> Yeah - they were triples.  The smaller GTO/GTU RX7's were the ones
> that were the most painful.

Yup, twin-rotor straight pipes with two kinks to provide just a hint
of back pressure to help the torque out.  Engines would grenade when
they missed a shift...  Bad part was that the RX-7s were technically
mid-engine cars (with the engine ahead of the passenger compartment).
This meant that the engine was down just past your knees and the
transmission, well, you really don't want to think about that.  I
missed a shift one time and pegged the tach before the electronics
kicked in and shut her down.  Scared the stuffing right out of me as
the warning buzzer (very loud) starts screaming "we're gonna die" at
you.

AG

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265