[OM] Re: Superwide lenses - advice

Subject: [OM] Re: Superwide lenses - advice
From: "OM4Ti" <OM4Ti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 07:41:09 -0500
Martin,
I can not comment on the Tamaron lenses as I have never used one.
However, I have extensively used the 18mm Zuiko. It is one of my all
time favorite lenses. I find it great for doing interior shots for real
estate. It allows the whole room of average size houses to get into one
picture. It also gives stunning landscapes.

I use my 16mm and 8mm Zuikos far less. Though the 8mm has done a couple
of cover shots over the years. Love that fisheye distorting looking
along a walkway lined with palm trees.

With this slow transition to digital bodies the one thing that we loose
is good wide glass. The 7-14mm Digital Zuiko is a great lens. I have
been shooting with it for about 6 months now and really have grown to
love it's coverage, but it is huge. In fact I have been liking the
digital so much that I have been contemplating selling of some of my
Zuikos and replacing them with the Dzuiko equivalents.

Mark