[OM] Re: [OT] Anyone got an opinion on thie AM2 motherboard

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Anyone got an opinion on thie AM2 motherboard
From: "Bart Wientjes" <bartjew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 15:49:39 +0100
SLI support (=clustering graphics power of two graphics cards) is
better on the 590 chipset. It supports all 16x lanes on both PCIe x16
slots, where the 570 chipset runs them both at 8 lanes. If you have
only one graphics card, there is no impact.
In other words: don't bother with the 570 chip.

I have the same ASUS board Mike mentioned, and I camp equally happy :)
Perhaps even happier, as the second PCIe x16 slot holds a PCIe x8 SATA
RAID controller, giving me access to four different RAID arrays on a
total of 8 hard drives.

Regards,
Bart

Very