[OM] [OT] Anyone got an opinion on thie AM2 motherboard

Subject: [OM] [OT] Anyone got an opinion on thie AM2 motherboard
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 16:32:08 -0400
I'm in need of a new computer but I may have to buy some new old stock
or else build it from parts since I'm only going to move up from Win 2K
to XP.  No Vista for at least another 5 years :-)  My current machine is
unable to run much of the newer image processing stuff.

I just stumbled across this from my buddies the geeks and it looks like
it could be a good expandable base to build on.  Any comments good or
bad?  Know of a good alternative from motherboard up to a complete
machine?  It needs to run XP as a PhotoShop and other image processing
machine.  No gaming requirements although that seems to be the key
marketing point of the chipset on this board.  I still need to run SCSI
for a film scanner but I think I'll keep that on this older Win2K
machine and just network it in.

MSI K9N SLI Platinum nForce 570 Socket AM2 ATX Motherboard
<http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=K9N_SLI_PLATINUM-DT&cat=MBB>

TIA
Chuck Norcutt