[OM] Re: Salt in the wound [Was Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts]

Subject: [OM] Re: Salt in the wound [Was Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 17:47:26 -0400
Whether journaling is enabled or not is not the issue.  I was only
trying to point out that Mac's are not immune from fragmentation issues
and they are not.  Most likely what saves everyone today (at least on
the desktop) is humongous disks which rarely get near full.

I don't mean to get into file system implementation here but I would
hope that any defragger would also implement or work in concert with
some form of journaling.  I don't know why journaling would be
considered incompatible with defragging.

Chuck Norcutt