[OM] Re: Salt in the wound [Was Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts]

Subject: [OM] Re: Salt in the wound [Was Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts]
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 12:05:16 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Winsor Crosby wrote:

> Hmm. This is mac user who has no idea what you are talking about.

The point was that Mac's can have the exact same startup problems as
Windows has if you load it up with lots of applications.

> Zero problems here. As for the Epson printer, you need to properly
> install Epson software and driver to get beyond the basic Apple
> supplied driver.

Epson has decided to not port older device drivers to the latest Intel
Mac's.  They suggest using Apple's driver which treats it as a simple
USB printer.  Not exactly useful when you need to do maintenance on the
printer.  Luckily I can use Windows running on the Mac to manage it
when I need to do that.
                                        -mark