[OM] Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:07:14 -0300
Fact is, Chris, that I am somehow disappointed with Apple computer. It
could take me long to explain why.
And somehow disappointed with 10.4.8 too, at least with this cheap trial
on a G3. I am thoroughly considering a MacBook Pro 15", since portable
intel mac don't seem too reliable. I'm pointing at the random shutdown
syndrome, which seems to be fixed now. On top of it, there's the rumor
that in a few months' time, portable macs will go through a radical
change but noone I know can tell for sure. Apple is going too fast for
me, and paying too little attention to Latin American users. However
this is not related to the circumstances which led me to get into the
Dark Side ...

Fernando.

Chris Barker wrote:
> Don't do it, then Fernando.  Turn back from the Dark Side while there
> is time! :-)
>
> Chris
> ~~ >-)-
> C M I Barker
> Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.
> www.threeshoes.net & homepage.mac.com/zuiko
>

> On 19 Mar 2007, at 13:42, Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
>
>> msconfig was a recent and surprising finding for me, who switched
>> to xp
>> recently (athlon 64, 1GB RAM, etc). Also slowly running Tiger on an
>> old
>> blue G3 CRT w/ 0.5 GB RAM.
>>
>> Let me shout this:
>>
>> run > msconfig ... is ... frightening.

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Dr.Fernando Gonzalez Gentile M.D.

Address: Av.L.P.Ponce 1526B - 11600 Montevideo, Uruguay.

34º 53' 58.79" S - 56º 09' 31.83" W

Phone: ++5982 7084858
Fax: ++5982 7087396

<fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>