[OM] Re: 50/3.5 odd sighting

Subject: [OM] Re: 50/3.5 odd sighting
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 00:26:02 -0700
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coma_%28optics%29
> I assume this is a term that has to do only with
> astro photography and won't interfere with me shooting the moon?

Coma is only an off-axis phenomenon, so anything in the central portion
of the frame is not affected. So until you get a really long lens that
can fill the frame with the moon, you needn't worry.

It is also reduced by smaller apertures and the moon is bright enough
that you needn't be using your lens wide open. Remember to spot meter on
the moon itself or stop down 3-4 stops from an average reading.

Not a problem for the Moon.

Moose