[OM] Re: Not completely negative; was Evaporating Kodak Film Lines

Subject: [OM] Re: Not completely negative; was Evaporating Kodak Film Lines
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 20:27:36 -0700
I never thought about it before, but someone suggested that Kodak was
a company making masses of high margin product, film, and now it is
trying to make digital cameras which are nearly zero margin, in
smaller numbers. At least they are diversified.

I am not familiar with it, but I have heard more than once that their
included software for their pro DSLRs made Photoshop look crude by
comparison. I see they are selling Photoshop plug ins. You would
think that they could get some high margin business back by jumping
into the Aperture-Lightroom fray.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA