[OM] : Re: (E-1) pages re-done

Subject: [OM] : Re: (E-1) pages re-done
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 01:01:29 +1300
Charles wrote

>  I have a 14 year old son who this year caught up with me in
> height (5' 8"  or 1.7 m) but trails me 40 lbs. (18.2 kg) in weight. Mind
> you I only weight 150 lbs. (68.2 kg)
>  I have to constantly remind him to leave the shower drain grid
> alone lest we lose him to the sewer.
>
> Charlie

My son is now taller than me; but that's not difficult as I've started
shrinking.
Used to be 6 ft 2 1/2 inches.. I've lost at least 1 1/2 inches in the past 4
years.  He is at least 6 ft 6 in, no idea of his weight, more than me. About 92
kg I think.

However, the good news is that my weight has stayed pretty constant for the
last 45 years at 11 1/4 stone or about 72 kg. Except for one period in the
60's when I was very fit and put on an extra 17 lb of muscle. More recently I
found I had put on about 14 lb; that was due to developing a liking for what
are called Anzac biscuits (cookies to some ), which evinced itself as a
distinct zone of waist-line fat. I had thought I was immune to that. Now I'm on
a diet, no more Anzacs, more exercise.   I can still wear the very good 2-
piece woollen suit I bought when 22, and it still looks OK for the formal
occasions it was intended for, mens' fashions move slowly.

Brian