[OM] Re: : Re: (E-1) pages re-done

Subject: [OM] Re: : Re: (E-1) pages re-done
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 20:42:29 +1100
I knew about the Eucalypts but not the Acacias. The acacia is the
most diverse genus here with 1200 species but the ones you have may
not be Aus. in origin as there are many species elsewhere. Ours tend
to be short lived and will invade burnt or clearfelled areas until
the canopy species emerges.
Eucalypts have been grown in many places as they are drought tolerant
but have become unwelcome in parts of India I understand.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx