[OM] Re: lighting again Re: Re: Communications [was lighting]

Subject: [OM] Re: lighting again Re: Re: Communications [was lighting]
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:42:21 +1100
This is an odd situation - the little 15W pilot lights are very tough
little incandescents I know as they are made for had usage but I
can't imagine why the fluoro's aren't lasting longer. I sometimes
used RC globes (rough construction?) which are made for things like
lead lights as they are more robust.
One place that I've found the fluoro's very useful is in some
fittings that were rated for only 60W because of heat issues where I
can now fit a 75W equivalent. The 'useful excess heat' idea raised by
someone is not much of an advantage here - it would be balanced off
by extra aircon in the summer (not that I bother with aircon).
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx