[OM] Re: Communications [was lighting]

Subject: [OM] Re: Communications [was lighting]
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 10:18:51 +1100
Here we are swamped in a wave of usually crap US culture and absorb
it like a sponge. Thus we have indigenous kids in the middle of the
desert acting and dressing like they think that Paraburdoo is a
suburb of East LA.
The level of penetration has increased during my lifetime
exponentially. As I've said here before, I have to teach my students
that the emergency number here is and has always been 000, not 911
although I think that the emergency services have now built in and
automatic call diversion to cope with this one. There are many
'effects' like that.
Now I must be careful because the list is murkin dominated (although
it's based in France and discusses japanese gear) and someone will
understand my concerns about US cultural imperialism as some form of
insulting zealotry! :)
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx