[OM] Re: Quiet, quiet, quiet

Subject: [OM] Re: Quiet, quiet, quiet
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 20:29:49 -0800
ScottGee1 wrote:
>> This raises a question I keep forgetting to ask.
>>
>> Are companies in the U.S. legally bound to offer parts and/or service
>> for products for specified periods of time?

> From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> 10 years I think.

Huh? Try ZERO! Do you really think that if you buy something from
Mall*Wart's Chinese colonial factory, you'll be able to buy parts for
it in even a year or two?

It's a good reason to support companies that have explicit, generous
sunset policies, like Sears.

> She told me Sears keeps parts data and
> diagrams on file for 10 years.

:::: You don't build a new world by pouring yourself into the broken
molds of the old one. ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, http://www.EcoReality.org ::::