[OM] Re: Ebay scam I walked into

Subject: [OM] Re: Ebay scam I walked into
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 01:59:25 +1100 (EDT)
Hi Johann

> There is a new scam I recently heard of.  Presumably they send you a link to
> oBoy, you log on to your account but then when you hit enter it somehow
> takes you to the fraudsters site.  At that point you are normally not
> checking the url anymore as the first was legitimate.  Can't find the link
> again, but there were more than one person reporting this.

Been around for decade(s) well, ok, since 1993.

Thats a standard hidden link, ie <a
href="http://www.comkal.net/";>http://www.ebay.com/</a>
which will take you to my home server :-)  Depending on if your email
client shows the code (raw) or auto converts it, or leaves it as raw unless
I add a HTML header, depends on what you see.

The same hidden links are used for many scams, ie, paypal

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.net/