[OM] Re: OT Probably controversial

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Probably controversial
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 05:21:36 +1100
My favorite on that one is the story of the two Australians who
recently won a Nobel for discovering that gastric ulcers are caused
by a bacterium. Of course, when this was proposed, everyone 'knew'
that bacteria could not survive in the stomach and the pharmaceutical
industry was producing lots of  profitable, ineffective and expensive
long term medications. The shitstorm that they had to survive was
incredible.
Now of course it''s a total conversion - if you are one of the small
percentage with actual stress ulcers, like a friend of mine, you no
longer fit the common wisdom.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx