[OM] Re: [OT] Health Care

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Health Care
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 18:02:39 +1100
I too have been fascinated by this thread. I'm coming to think that
we are doing it quite well down here with a blend of government and
private systems and funding.
The US system seems to work well but when it goes wrong, it does so
in the most ruinous way imaginable (bankrupted if not insured).
The Canadian system with no private hospitals (?) seems to be the
other extreme but may catch the sad cases more efficiently.
And yes, no developed nation should have anything less than universal
care in any area - that's its government's bloody purpose! protecting
and providing for it's citizens. I cannot comprehend any other
paradigm (but then, that's the nature of paradigms).
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx