[OM] Re: Personal Robbery Survey, was Re: Bags

Subject: [OM] Re: Personal Robbery Survey, was Re: Bags
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 02:17:38 -0800
David Carter wrote:
> I've heard that the safest town in the US of A is where everybody is
> armed & potentially able to shoot back. They're said to have the lowest
> crime rate around. I guess the bad guys go where they're less likely to
> be used for target practice.

One of the safest towns, or at least areas, is in suburban NJ. I had a
friend who was a band musician in NY for years. He occasionally played
weddings for people of mostly Sicilian descent, where there was very
tight security at the door. He said this area where many of them lived
had no police patrols and no petty crime at all.

Moose