[OM] Re: New Person to the group

Subject: [OM] Re: New Person to the group
From: "Ian B Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 11:23:23 +1100 (EDT)
Hi Allen

Welcome to the group to :-)

> I am saving some cash for some OM lenses. I use my E-500 for my digital
> lenses (35mm macro, 14-34mm, 40-150mm, 50-200mm.) I also use my E-330 for
> any OM lenses as well as non-Oly lenses if I have the adaptor for it. I have
> a 300mm f/4.5 Oly OM lense. I am looking for the longer reach lenses for
> this camera, i.e. 500mm mirror, 600mm or 1000mm OM. Anything that will give
> me the reach to also do astrophotography as well.

On the assumption that the E-330 will have the same results of the E500,
stay away from mirror lenses. I'm not sure of its applicable to all mirror
lenses but my experience so far is they dont work with digitals, well,
not the OM mount ones using the adapter anyway. Might be a
logical reason for this but I cant even focus a 500mm or a 1000mm
properly, and when it does appear focus'ed, the shot shows a
fait bit of breakup but they all work fine on my OM.

> Now, that pretty much lays out my cash for the next few years, lol.

Your not wrong there :-)

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.net/