[OM] Re: Iowa Winter Zuikofest

Subject: [OM] Re: Iowa Winter Zuikofest
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 20:56:41 -0800 (PST)
Moose wrote:
> Yeah, it's very kind of AG to provide the scenics I'd miss even if
> I were there. I'd be bundled up by the fire. :-)

At 6:20 AM I looked out the window to see snow in the air and the
snowplows going past on the highway.  It took a little longer to
actually get over to Iowa City as the Interstate was rather
treacherous. The entire righthand lane was glaze ice for most of the
way and the left lane wasn't really any better.  There were dozens
and dozens of cars, SUVs and semis in the ditch and even rolled over.
 I got to see one car spin into the median just ahead of me and he
threw a ton of snow over all four lanes.  Anyway, I skated over and
managed to avoid getting caught up with any semis doing a
Triple-SowCow.

The temperature pretty much stuck around 20 degrees, but we had
25-30mph winds.  Of course, nearly every picture required us to shoot
into the wind.  My skin was tighter than Burt Reynolds' facelift.

AG

Need Mail bonding?