[OM] Re: What the $%#$%# is this?

Subject: [OM] Re: What the $%#$%# is this?
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 09:03:03 -0800
Skip,

The identity hiding kicks in at $200 for US sales and 100 pounds for UK
based auctions. As it the odd questions they seem to have only just started
to come out of China recently. The SMI policy is not intended to stop this
particular problem as they are solicited through the eBay messaging system.
Other than trying to scam people into buying a container load of crap from
China I am not sure what these emails are about. I have received several
myself and the URL's in the emails often don't seem to go anywhere (i.e.
they don't have the standard fake eBay log in followed by the give me your
SSN, PIN # blood type, first born...). I suspect that they may just be a
front for getting people to email the addresses and then follow a standard
scam run for anything from Western Union scams, overpay scams, nigerian
scams etc...

Dan S.