[OM] Re: I feel like a moron

Subject: [OM] Re: I feel like a moron
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 20:28:17 -0800 (PST)
> In other words, 3:2 format.  Now, about a couple of weeks ago, I
> saw also where he said that he missed (regretted the loss of) 3:2
> format.
>
> I thought at the time he must have been having a brain f*rt, since
> after acquiring his E-1, as far as formats are concerned we have
> heard nothing but praise for the perfect format 4:3 and damnation
> for 3:2, from AG.

3:2 sucks pondwater when you are cropping for enlargements like 8x10,
11x14, 16x20, 20x24, etc.  This is where the 4:3 rules the day.
However, when doing landscape photography, 3:2 sure is nicer because
you have more freedom in framing and also can put a big border around
the image to make it fit any frame.  In the sample images I put up,
you'll see that they are cropped.

Sorry, no conspiracy.

AG

Bored stiff? Loosen up...