[OM] Re: E-330, T10, cross-polarizer photo restoration project (long)

Subject: [OM] Re: E-330, T10, cross-polarizer photo restoration project (long)
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 19:05:10 -0800
> From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> I have not been a big fan of the T10 for general photography, but it's
> really good for copy work.  With copy work there is also always a
> tendency to build up contrast a bit.  The T10 also helps with that
> problem.
>
> My next project is to see whether the T10/cr-pol combo can eliminate
> the pebble finish on some of those portrait papers.  I'm betting it
> can.

I'll second that! The pebbles will be gone with crossed polarizers.

There's nothing like crossed polarizers for copy work. I have a two
Speedotron Brownline heads covered with polarizing film semi-
permanently attached to my copy stand.

BTW: with some help from John Hermanson, I'm in the process of making
T-8 and T-10 ring flashes work with the FC-1 macro flash controller.
It's a simple cable transplant, although it's a bit of a puzzle
figuring out which wire is which... I've identified the modeling
light leads, but all the other ones seem to have high voltage and low
impedance to each other... if anyone knows which are the tube and
which is the trigger wire, let me know!

:::: Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys typing
on a million typewriters, and the Internet is NOTHING like Shakespeare.
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/85AE07>