[OM] Re: winder 2 question

Subject: [OM] Re: winder 2 question
From: "Darin" <d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 05:31:10 -0800
Hello Peter,

I assume you're using the winder on the OM-2s. I had a similar problem with
both winders 1 & 2 on my 2s. In my case, I never noticed any correlation to
the position of the camera, instead it seemed to have more to do with where
I was at on a roll of film. The middle third of a roll was where it had
trouble advancing. I came to the conclusion, with the help of the list, that
the winders just didn't have enough power to advance the film. So, I
purchased a moter drive, which seemed to help, but not solve the problem
completely.

I just recieved my 2s back from John Hermanson yesterday, after a fairly
major malfunction related to the winding gears in the camera. I'll be taking
the camera out for a test roll this weekend, we'll see if the repair has had
any effect on a winders ability to advance the film. If it has, I'll let you
know, you my want to send your camera in for some preventive maintenance.

Darin