[OM] LightRoom v.1 news

Subject: [OM] LightRoom v.1 news
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:25:56 -0800
I attended an Epson seminar Saturday and there was a guy from Adobe
who demonstrated beta 5 of Lightroom. He said it probably would not
be released since their goal was to release version 1 in March.
However he indicated that if that goal could not be met that beta 5
may be released instead.

Three times he ran into long delays as he worked and three times he
said they were working hard on performance. It was interesting to me
that CS3 was not mentioned even with the beta being out.

He promised to explain the anticipated pricing at the end of his
demo, but he was interrupted and disappeared before that happened.

I attended one of these things several years ago and found less
interesting this time around. Perhaps because I knew nothing then and
Vincent Versace was a very dynamic presenter. On Saturday Mr. Rezniki
was reduced to mostly providing a transition to the next video
presentation. Some of those were very good, but my memory of the
previous experience did not include such a hard sell for Epson
products. The 3800 printer produces stunning prints though. Wonderful
color and detail. They even had a 3800 print of McCurry's  Afghan
Girl. I never noticed the scarring on her face before, well on her
way to looking thrashed.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA