[OM] Re: Time lapse photography with your DSLR

Subject: [OM] Re: Time lapse photography with your DSLR
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:05:37 -0800 (PST)
Dr Flash wrote:
> The A1 is also limited to 30 seconds or even multiples of 1 minute
> up to 60 minutes max.  Maximum number of frames is limited to
> 240.  But getting a movie file instead of individual images is
> only the change of a setting.

I've actually used the intervolmeter of the A1 several times in
anger.  Once in a while I shoot events where I need to get pictures
from remote or inaccessable locations.  Beforehand I setup the camera
on a hidden tripod or use the Bogen Superclamp to secure the camera
to something and set it to go at minimum time interval.  Turn it on,
let it fire the first shot or two to confirm proper configuration and
come back a couple hours later after the event is over.  As both the
camera and Superclamp is black, it tends to blend in nicely.  One
time I set it up and from the front row I couldn't see it and I knew
where to look.

Rarely, in the above situation do I get more than one or two usable
photos (timing, lighting, etc), but I only need one anyway.

AG

http://new.mail.yahoo.com