[OM] Re: Time lapse photography with your DSLR

Subject: [OM] Re: Time lapse photography with your DSLR
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 21:27:36 -0700
> Yeah interesting - anyone got any good stuff shot using this device (or
> something like it) ?

  http://www.danielmitchell.net/24hrs.avi

  is 24 hours of the view out from the window at work. That was with a
coolpix 4500 + serial cable + photopc + a batch file, not a special
device, but it's the same basic idea (just $130-odd cheaper.. well, if
you have a PC handy, that is)

  One weird problem is that during the night, the image enlarges and
shrinks for some strange reason; I can't imagine why this is, and I
don't know why it's not consistent with the continual lower light level.

  There's also an unfortunate reflection problem; a polarising filter
would only help so much there, as it's double-glazed glass. I think the
only way to definitely avoid that would be to cover the camera other
than the lens in black fabric or something and hope for the best with
reflections off the front of the lens.

-- dan