[OM] Re: Time lapse photography with your DSLR

Subject: [OM] Re: Time lapse photography with your DSLR
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 08:38:08 -0500
The A1 is also limited to 30 seconds or even multiples of 1 minute up to
60 minutes max.  Maximum number of frames is limited to 240.  But
getting a movie file instead of individual images is only the change of
a setting.

The only use I've ever made of this very nice interval timer was to test
my home made pure sine wave inverter & battery pack
<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/gear/Powerpack%20for%20Bees.jpg>
to see how many flashes I could get out of my Alien Bees on location.
Firing two AB800's once per minute at full power (320 watt seconds each
or the equivalent of more then six T-32's) using a 12 amp hour battery
gives 80 shots before the inverter starts to complain about low battery
voltage and 125 shots if you ignore the battery warning.  After 125
shots the voltage is so low that the Alien Bees start to go bonkers and
will start to self trigger before they're fully charged.

Much more than adequate.

Chuck Norcutt