[OM] Re: Lose, Loose, Looser, Loser

Subject: [OM] Re: Lose, Loose, Looser, Loser
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:15:51 -0500
At most papers of any size whatever they are entirely different
people, and the arguments that develop in the newsroom between
reporters and copy editors are, well, interesting.

If you really like the gaffs, check out Columbia Journalism Review.
They run a back page of that stuff every issue. At least they did
back when I was in the biz.

Anthony Lewis used to write a column for the New York Times titled
Abroad at Home. At the paper where I worked, the column title was in
smaller print, underlined, above the headline for the column. My
editor once laid out:

Abroad at Home
Mr. Chirac's Surprise

We got that one in time.