[OM] Re: Baby steps up the printer food chain in anticipation of the

Subject: [OM] Re: Baby steps up the printer food chain in anticipation of the e-2 and print sales.
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 21:15:15 +0100
>It took some fussing, but I did solve a problem which sounds exactly
>like yours by cleaning the catch tray sponge and the bottom of the head
>assembly. Whether it will work for you, who knows?

Thanks Moose! I did try it, but with limited success. Although it seemed to
work at first, the ink streaks reappeared very soon. I guess even the slightest
remaining dry ink buildup under the head acts as some kind of "mole" where new
ink can easily get trapped.

Anyway, the printer is more than 5 years old now. And I would like something
that prints bigger. And I would like pigment ink for a better durability of the
prints. Hence my interest in the new HP printer...

Even if pigment ink does not clog heads as frequently as dye based ink does, I
have read in forums complaints of head clogs even with pigment ink Epson
printers. Whether this is real, I don't know. Just a measure of caution on my
part...

I'm waiting to read the new observations my Michael Johnston on his HP printer,
idiosyncrasies and all.

Bernard